Welding is used to make vessels subjected to significant forces and supporting structures of variable complexity.
The range of applications is very wide: welding is used in the construction of ships, aircraft and land vehicles.
Welding has many applications in various engineering fields:
- Mechanical engineering: construction of complex mechanical structures subjected to significant forces
- Civil engineering: construction of mechanical structures for supporting buildings and bridges
- Chemical engineering: construction of vessels (pressurized or not), pump casings, valve casings and piping networks
- Nuclear engineering: pressurized vessels for reactors, piping, safety and containment structures
- Transport engineering: construction of land vehicles and ships
- Aeronautic engineering: load-bearing aircraft structures.